Flea and Tick Control
Keeping the area around your home free from fleas and ticks isn’t simply a concern for pet owners, but should be high on the priority list for every homeowner and business in North Carolina. Each year there are serious reports of health complications that result from tick and flea bites. When you take into account how fleas are responsible for your pets contracting typhus, and ticks can give you both Lyme Disease and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever within 36 hours after being bitten, then you can’t afford to take chances with ineffective solutions and getting the best flea and tick control possible is a priority.
When it comes to the health and safety of your pets, family, or employees, we are determined to make sure that we eliminate all the fleas and ticks around your home or company, but also prevent them from returning for as long as possible. Adding this option to your mosquito control program will give your family an extra layer of protection, and even if you choose to select our tick and flea control treatments as a standalone service, you’ll rest easier knowing your pets and family are protected. This service means that you do do not need to worry about applying bug spray each time that you send your children outside to play in your yard. Your confidence in our service is highly important to us, which is why you can depend on us for:
- Available as an Upgrade to Mosquito Control service or as a standalone Flea and Tick Control service
- Fast, Friendly, Personalized Service tailored to your needs
- No Contracts, no commitments
- Same day treatments available
Locally owned and operated, independent business since 2011.
Mosquito Tek was founded in the Triangle and is headquartered in North Raleigh. Mosquito Tek doesn’t just kill fleas and ticks; we have been a leading independent pest control company prior to the arrival of our flashy franchise competitors. We are born and bred right here in the Triangle, and we’re all proud to call it home.
As a Part of Service, We Do Four Key Things Each Time:
- Assess the dwelling and surrounding area & identify the target pest (mosquitoes, fleas or ticks)
- Find potential breeding sites and abate or modify them to reduce opportunities for breeding.
- Treat the offending areas with larvicide that do not need treatment (not all areas need treatment)
- Provide thorough treatment of all flea and tick problem areas by spraying the foliage, ground cover, trees and bushes as needed. We also spray any problem areas such as undergrowth, wood lines and dense areas of native vegetation. We tailor the treatment based on the property features and sizes.
How often does my property need service?
We recommend treatment every 21 days with our conventional products but also offer a biweekly program for customers that would prefer the organic treatment option.
Does treatment get rid of other pests (i.e. fleas, ticks, ants, whiteflies)?
Different types of pests require treatment plans that are designed to eliminate each specific type of pest. While there are slight residual effects from each treatment that can affect other pests, it’s best that you contact us to get more information about which pests you’re specifically trying to eliminate.
More Frequently Asked Questions
How to Prevent Fleas and Ticks
Mow your lawn!
Keeping a tidy yard goes a long way in preventing fleas and ticks.
Rake Leaves and Other Rotting Material
This removes their habitat, so it will make it more difficult for these pests to survive in your yard.
Use Mulch Strategically
Separate wooded areas from lawns by using a mulch barrier or gravel. This helps prevent ticks from moving in.